Rocky Road Fudge
Ingredients
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Kroger brand because I'm a broke college student)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (NESTLE will tell you to use their brand, once again, I used an off brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
**Now, the NESTLE recipe also calls for chopped walnuts. If you're a nutty person, then go for it. BUT, I hate nuts and chocolate together, so this just wasn't going to work for me.
**Caroline's recipe called for butterscotch. Also, not for me.
**So, what do I do? I opened my cabinet, found a bag of NESTLE white chocolate chips and voila! I used about 2/3 of a cup.
| My iPhone camera doesn't do it justice :) |
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with foil...lightly grease the pan!
- Microwave the chocolate chips (and white chocolate chips!) and sweetened condensed milk in a large, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir :)
- If the chocolate chips keep some of their shape, then feel free to microwave for about 10-15 more seconds until the morsels are melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the marshmallows (and walnuts if you're that nutty person)
- Press the mixture into prepared baking pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve (I suggest 30-45 minutes- the consistency is thicker then). Cut and serve :)
Beware of sticky aluminum foil :)
awesome!!! looks yummy...miss you.
ReplyDelete