Monday, October 11, 2010

431 Days.

431 Days. That's just a little over a year. It's really not as long as it seems like.

431 days...to what, you ask? Til I move on, grow up, find a job, and...graduate from college. Trust me, I'm beyond excited. But I think as excited as I am, I'm also deeply terrified.

What do I do when I graduate? Do I move back home? Do I stay in the apartment I'm in now? Will I be getting married soon after? Will I be moving? And then there are the other questions- do I go to grad school? Do I get a "real" job? If I get a "real" job, how do I even go about doing that? What if newspapers plummet in the next year and there's no work to be found? What if I'm not as good as a writer as my grades might suggest? What if I can't cut in the "real journalism" world? What if I chose the wrong major? Have I wasted my time and deep down inside me is a chemist or lawyer just waiting to burst out?


Questions.

So many questions.

Answers...

...there are none.

Because as excited and nervous and terrified as I am right now, I know that God has a plan. I know that God is doing big things. I know that His arms are wrapped around me when I lay in bed and cry because I'm so scared of the future. I have "Jeremiah 29:11" scribbled on the front of my notebook simply to remind myself that God has a plan for me, and He is writing the story. It's not me. I may have written out a long script for my life, but God's holding the pen and He's the one editing and proofing and working things out for the best.

431 days.

431 days to keep believing, keep trusting, and keep glorifying God for what He has done and is continuing to do in my life.

431 days to be reassured that God has given me passions in life for a reason, and those passions have led to the choosing of my majors and minors.

I think I'm going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment