I try this blog thing once every year or so, thinking that I'm actually going to keep up with it, and post new, exciting insights on life every week or so.
It rarely lasts that long. However, though, I will try again. After working for a couple of days on the perfect "look" for this particular blog, I'm finally ready to make my first post. Hopefully this will not be the last post.
Most know that I'm a journalism major, minoring in political science and social work. Thus, I need an outlet to write. Writing comes like breathing to me, and I need a place to do so. So in this particular blog, I will most likely be posting about my ever-exciting life (which isn't all that exciting), to how I feel about certain issues in politics and in the world.
Stay tuned...it could be interesting. (Probably not, but we'll see how it goes.)
So, a little about myself might be useful.
I'm nineteen years old and a sophomore in college. I'm turning 20 next September (Ah!), and the thought of reaching an age outside of the teen years slightly terrifies me. As mentioned, I'm a journalism major with a concentration in newspaper/magazine. Yes, yes, I know, by the time I graduate there will probably be no more newspapers. Please, dear friends, don't remind me...my classes remind me enough. I love government and politics, thus my minor in political science. And because of my love for children and helping people, I chose my second minor to be social work.
I love the Lord, and my one desire in life is to follow where He leads me. To my eye, my future is uncertain, but I know God has a detailed plan for my life that He designed before I was ever born. I believe that all scripture is God-breathed and that Jesus was born to a virgin mother, and later died on a cross for my sins. Enough theology, though. Jesus Christ is my first true love, and He is my rock, Healer, comforter, and more importantly, my closest companion.
I have an amazing family, and wonderful friends. My family keeps me grounded, and there is never a dull moment around them. I was raised pretty much with all boys, until my cousin, Hannah, came along when I was 14. She definitely keeps me on my toes! My parents are amazing, and I love them both very much.
Hannah and myself.
God has blessed me with a wonderful, Godly guy, as well! I've been dating Stephen for just under a year and a half. He has become my best friend and someone I can tell absolutely everything to. I thank God each day for blessing me with somebody like Him, after waiting so long for a Christian guy. He loves the Lord more than he loves me, and that means more to me than anything else.
I think he's the cutest boy in the whole world! :)
Anyways, like I said...my life is NOT as interesting as some might think! But I will continue to post my thoughts and ideas and ramblings, and maybe somebody will enjoy it!
~Megan
~Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment