Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sometimes, change can be a good thing...

Okay, so here they are. The resolutions...

1. I want to continue to see God’s face, trusting in the plans that He has specifically designed for me. I know that He created me in His image, and He has plans for my life that I cannot even imagine.

“Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.” ~Psalm 139:4-6

2. I want to be a true friend, lifting my friends up with encouragement from the Lord.

“A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” ~Proverbs 18:24

3. And though I’m not ready for marriage at this point in my life, I want to prepare my heart for task. To first and foremost be a woman after God’s own heart. By serving and respecting my future husband, I know I am in obedience to God’s calling for marriage. Therefore, now in my dating relationship, my desire is to become the woman described in Proverbs 31.

“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” ~ Proverbs 31:25, 29-30

4. I want to seek out more ways and opportunities to reach out to people in my own community. For years I have traveled over the country (and around the world) to share the love of Christ with people in other areas other than my own community. So often I forget that there are people around me that need to know Jesus just as much. This year, I do not have any stateside or international mission trips planned. As strange as this is for me personally, I know God is working on my heart for missions in my own communities--Powell and Murfreesboro. My desire is to reach out to these two communities and areas. It’s time I start focusing on my Jerusalem as well.

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." ~Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment