BUT you can always count on me to write about what it's like to teach a handful of kids, my daily attempts at learning Biblical womanhood, and how classes drive me crazy. I have an amazing boyfriend that I write about a lot, but this blog is simply about....friendship!
I have great, great friends. I really do. First, there are these girls-
| Allison, Anna, Janie, Sarah, Kayla, Christy, Sam! |
People say that once you leave for college, you lose that special relationship you had with your friends from high school. Yes, we no longer spend every day together and we have lost touch in a sense. But everytime we're home from school, lunches at Chilis, silly pictures and failed attempts at pyramids, and group hugs pick up right where they all left out.
You know that saying, "A family that prays together stays together?" I think that goes for us- "Friends that pray together, stay together." Our love for the Lord is what has brought a group of girls that are so different together- and that's what keeps us together.
Then, there are these girls-
![]() | ||
| Morgan, Sara, Courtney, Krystle, Madison, Jamie, Chelsey, Sarah, and Megan M! |
I'm extremely thankful for this group of girls and there newfound friendship. When I joined Third Baptist, I was terrified. The first church I was going to in college was huge, where very few peope knew my name. And then, I came to Third, which was smaller and everyone knew my name. Talk about being intimidated. I have never felt more welcome into a group than I did when I came to Third. The friendship from these girls has been overwhelming- their love and support and their encouragement is Christ-centered. Each one of them has one desire- to bring glory to Christ. I love these girls and I'm thankful to know them and to fellowship with them. We're at different stages of life, and therefore are able to help one another through different struggles. This picture was taken at our college leadership retreat last weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment