Saturday, August 21, 2010

This Semester...

Let me just be the first to say, I am extremely excited about this semester. I'm so excited to see about how the Lord is going to work in my life, and the relationships and friendships that will form this semester. My one fear is that I will get burned out by my busy schedule, but I know the Lord will continue to show Himself to me throughout my quiet times and discipleship times.


This year at 3BC, we will be doing community groups! The leadership team has paired up and we are going to be forming community groups- in order for fellowship, discipleship, service, and ministry to others. My friend Morgan and I are leading a group together, and we'll probably be meeting at my apartment most of the time. We're talking about reading through the Bible as a group this year, as well as some fun projects.

I'm also teaching the Pre-K/Kindergarten class on Wednesday nights, as well as teaching the same group two Sundays each quarterly rotation. I love that group of kids!

Tack on 18 hours of school (1 class is online) and 20-25 hours a week of work, and I have a pretty crazy schedule :) Thank goodness for Saturdays where I can catch up on sleep!

All of that said though, I'm insanely excited about what God holds for this semester, as well as next semester. I'm looking into an international mission trip or maybe a domestic mission trip over my spring break, and a conference at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY in March. I think the Lord has GREAT things in store for this year!

Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment