Friday, August 20, 2010

We Have Arrived!

Well, once again, I am back in East Tennessee. As much as I love living in the flat, dull-looking section known as Middle Tennessee, my heart warms up as soon as I see the beautiful Smoky Mountains! The college leadership team from 3BC is here to plan for and pray over the upcoming fall semester in the college ministry. 10 girls + 3 guys + 1 fun leader= lots of estrogen as Dave, our fearless leader, has said.


We are at the top of the mountain. A high mountain. One that is steep and doesn't have guard rails around the curves. Let's just say it was a test of our faith and we hadn't even arrived at the cabin yet! All that being said though, we are here, getting ready for bed and ready for a weekend of fellowship and prayer. Tomorrow will be packed with planning and then a night out on the town, and Saturday will consist of fasting and praying for the semester.

My personal prayer is that the Lord continues to work on my heart. I feel very drawn to discipleship and mentoring, and I pray that the Lord shows me where that is to lead me this semester. In another sense, I can feel that my time is sort of wrapping up. The lightbulb effect sort of went off my the summer before my senior year in high school- how have I impacted this school?

So now, with three semesters left in college, I'm left with this thought-

Have I made an impact?


Truthfully, I can't tell you if I have or not. I would love to say that my life has been a shining example of who Christ is and what a remarkable Savior He truly is. But I'm honestly not sure my life has been that. I struggle, fail, and fall short of the grace God has bestowed upon me on a daily basis. I struggle with sin in my own life. But I can only pray that people see me looking to Christ.

But how have I impacted my campus for Christ? I am a political science minor, and those courses are tough when it comes to religion. Being politically correct and taking a firm stand for Christ don't always mesh just right. In the past, I have shrunk in my seat when my faith is being mocked. I don't want to be that same coward. I want to be able to stand up to my peers, sharing the love that Christ has given to me. Christ was beaten down-persecuted-mocked...and He says that I will be too. I shouldn't run in fear from this kind of persecution.

These are just some thoughts I've had as this weekend has been approaching. I want my life to look radically different this coming school year, because quite frankly...I'm running out of school years to make an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment