Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Semester, New Experiences, New...everything.

"Is anything to hard for the Lord?"-Genesis 18:14

Well, a new semester has begun, and I've already cried quite a bit about it. This is looking to be my hardest semester so far. I started the semester off with World Politics, International Organizations, Reporting, Microcomputing, and Human Behavior in the Social Environment. I lasted two days before I switched my schedule. Two international politics classes were already wearing on me, so I dropped out of World Politics, and I'm now taking a general education Introduction to Music class. Technically, a GPA-booster, since I have to maintain a 3.5 GPA this semester for the journalism program. Stress much? Why, of course. I'm trusting that God will continue to lead and guide me in every course, because I know that I cannot get through this semester on my own strength and power. On that note, prayers would be very much appreciated, because I know God hears them and is going to continue showing me His power!

Other than the stress factor of political science, I love my schedule. My Human Behavior course is great, and I absolutely love my Reporting course. My professor has 30+ years experience in the news room, and his passion for journalism is evident in the way he teaches. Stephen and I are taking Introduction to Music and Microcomputing together, so I'm looking forward to attending the concerts for class with him and learning about different genres of music. I was a little wary when I first switched into the class, because I haven't played an instrument since 8th grade, nor have I even tried to look at a sheet of music. Funny enough, when the professor began teaching today, I remembered all of the notes, terms, and beats from my years of piano and flute. I was not by any means a musical prodigy, considering I despised practicing, but I guess a few practices stuck in my mind.

This past weekend I went home to be a leader for Disciple Now with my youth group! I was the leader for the middle school girls, and I had two sixth graders, and two eighth graders. The girls stayed at my house, and we hada great time studying scripture, going to a UT basketball game, working at the church, and attending the worship services. It was a very long weekend in a sense, but the girls were great. I had forgotten how late middle school girls stay up at sleepovers...I'm usually in bed by 11 p.m. on a school night, and 11:30 on the weekends! Our worship leaders for the weekend were Steve Fee & Shaun McDonald. Both were great in their own right, and we enjoyed worshipping with them!
Jon, Jordan, Stephen, Kayla, Kellie, Amy, and I with FEE
Friday night. We snuck away from our groups to get a picture!
We're such responsible leaders!

That's all for now!

<><

No comments:

Post a Comment