Friday, February 5, 2010

From a dear friend.

My beautiful friend Janie posted this on her facebook the other day, and I just had to share with everyone else. It was to important to pass up!

Have you ever been to that place where you were so encompassed by darkness and evil that it became normal and it lost its darkness and evilness; where life consumes you and you forget the war raging over your head; where you are so used to the lies that you no longer seek for the truth; where you begin to simply survive and you unconsciously lose sight of life itself; where the God who is unimaginable, indescribable, infinitely holy, and truly awesome; where this God simply becomes a god small enough to fit inside your head? This is where I have been, and it is dark! BUT GOD! Through these last few weeks of constant attack form Satan I have learned an invaluable truth that I must pass on to you. Because no matter where you are in life, Satan is always trying to bring down those whom God loves.

I have been sitting these last few weeks in an evolutionary biology class that has eaten me to the core. I cannot sit there and be ok with what is being taught. Then I made the mistake of not enriching my mind with the truth of God’s word, until today. Today I re-read the amazing account of creation and was reminded of how God formed my inward parts and divinely planned out my future. I can honestly say it was life-giving, like precious waters fulfilling my enormous thirst. I hadn’t realized how thirsty I was until I drank.

So, I want to challenge you. Pick up this breath of God himself. Don’t just read it, devour it. Memorize his words that will never fail you. Don’t be complacent or content with normalcy. Be different, challenge Satan with God’s word and go fight!

So, where do you start? That’s the big question I had. Well, as a very wise woman of God told me, write down the lies Satan puts in your head. It can be anything from ‘you came from monkeys’ to ‘no one cares about my life right now’ Write down whatever it is and then look up a verse that refutes it. Then start by memorizing these. There, now you have a battle plan. Here’s my example. If you know of any verses as well, please add them, or if you need some verses let me know. Don’t let Satan in your head. Fight him!

So for me I started with these: Satan's lies are numbered and then the verses are underneath

1.) You are all alone
Joshua 1:5, “No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Nehemiah 9:31, “Nevertheless in Your great mercy You did not utterly consume them nor forsake them; For You [are] God, gracious and merciful.”


Deuteronomy 4:31, “for the LORD your God [is] a merciful God), He will not forsake you nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them.”


Deuteronomy 31:6,8, “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.8 And the LORD, He [is] the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed."


2.) God doesn’t hear you
2 Samuel 22:7, “In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry [did enter] into his ears.”

Psalm 34:15-17, “The eyes of the LORD [are] upon the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their cry.16 The face of the LORD [is] against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. 17 [The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”


2 Chronicles 20:9, “'Should evil come upon us, the sword, {or} judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we will stand before this house and before You (for Your name is in this house) and cry to You in our distress, and You will hear and deliver {us.}'”


3.) You can never overcome this
John 16:33, “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."”

Romans 8:37, “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.


1 John 4:4, “You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.”


4.) God won’t help you with this
Romans 8:38,39, “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Ephesians 2:5-7, “even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly {places} in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”


5.) You can never accomplish anything big
Romans 8:37, “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

This is a very short list. So feel free to add to it, pass it on, make your own. Do whatevert he lord is leading you to do. Just pick up His word, treasure it and fight the devil so that we may shine our lights in this dark and lonely world!

No comments:

Post a Comment