Sunday, February 14, 2010

'Tis the season...

...to feel loved!

Mmm...I love my boyfriend! I like Valentine's Day and all, but I appreciate the fact that he does special things for me all year long, and not just on this one day! I love the little notes and cards I get on random days, instead of something on one day of the year.

Life is a tad bit stressful right now. I'm still looking for a job (with few prospects), and I'm still trying to figure out my living situation right now. I need roommates, and I need to take care of my housing really soon. Honestly though, it may be that I end up in the dorm again. With no one to live with, and no where to live, I'm sort of stuck. I'm talking to one girl at church about an apartment, and I'm slowly trying to persuade my current roommate Kourtney to move out with me!

Then there's the summer...I'm probably moving back home, but I'll be back and forth to Murfreesboro the first few weeks--Kelly's graduation, weddings galore, and vacation with Stephen's family will bring me back a couple of times. Yes, weddings. I don't feel old enough yet to be going to friends' weddings! I feel like everytime I turn around that someone else is engaged. I pester Stephen a little bit, because we're slowly becoming the only couple out of everyone we know that isn't engaged. All in good fun, though, because I'm NOT ready to get married anytime soon...although my friend Shannon would tell you I already have my wedding dress picked out, and engagement rings in mind.

On the school note--I've definitely learned there is a reason I'm not a political science major. When you get past the concept of how a bill becomes a law, and the three branches of government, it's not that fun anymore. International Organizations is, to put it bluntly, kicking my butt. Luckily, I've befriended international law majors and political science majors, and I'm riding on others' shirttails. I'm going to complete this as my minor though, I'm determined. Just three more classes of polysci, then never again! My reporting class keeps affirming why I LOVE journalism. I'm constantly learning, and I feel this desire to be the best. I enjoy reading the book. I enjoy lectures. Yes, I hate writing leads because they're just horrible, but I love finishing an article. I LOVE journalism, and this class keeps showing me that.

Anyways, life is good. Stressful, but good. I have a lot of other things on my plate right now besides school, so I'm just trying to balance it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment