Oh, what a crazy last couple of weeks this has been. For anyone who knows me well, you know how stressed out I am right now.
For starters, I'm currently organizing this Community Kids Night here in M'Boro for this Friday night (shameless plug: bring your kids to 3BC at 6 PM Friday night!). Thankfully, the amazing, amazing, amazing college ministry has stepped up tremendously to pull everything together. With everything running so smoothly, it's by far the LEAST of my worries right now.
But honestly, I think my teachers have meetings each semester and plan their calendars to where ALL my tests and papers fall within the same week. Does this happen to anyone else? Three tests and two papers this week, and a huge, huge test next week. Yes, double the huge...that's how big this test is! I'm drowning in papers and study guides and notes. I feel like my head is going to explode!
But lastly, and here's where some of my stress comes from. I had a meeting with my adviser last Thursday, and she informed me that I will not be graduating in May of 2012. Oh, I know, wonderful right? I'm thinking, "Yes! I'm going to graduate early!"
Wrong.
Apparently, when I dropped out of my World Politics class this semester and signed up for a general education music class, it put me behind in completing one of my minors on time. Therefore, by the time May 2012 rolls around, I will be short 4 credit hours. Yes, four. That means ONE 3-hour class and ONE 1-hour class. So I'm looking at a Summer 2012 graduation. How depressing is that?
However, she did tell me I still (possibly) have a chance. I'm going to take an online summer course for political science this summer, and take 18 hours these next four semesters, and probably tack on an extra P.E. 1-hour class on one of those semesters. I will work my butt off to get to walk across the stage in May of 2012. I will NOT be one of those college students who won't graduate in four years. Ironically, I came into college with nine hours of credit to start with. How did I manage this?!
Anyways, this week is only slightly killing me. My parents are coming to visit next week, so that will be good. This Saturday, however, I will collapse.
No comments:
Post a Comment