Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm Graduating!...in 3 more semesters!

Graduation, you ask? For those of you that regularly know my blog or at least talk to me, you know I have been stressing out for the past two or three weeks over my expected graduation date. I left a meeting with my adviser back in March under the impression that I would be graduating in August of 2012, when I was expecting to graduate in May of 2012. I was distraught to say the least--with all of my AP credits coming into school, pulling extra hours each semester, and all my hard work....I would be graduating LATE? Depressed and stressed doesn't even begin to cover it.

So, after talking to my parents, I decided to take summer courses this coming summer. So, before registering for these courses, I decided it would be smart to once again go talk to my adviser. After asking her for advice on summer courses, she replied, "why?"

"Why do you need summer courses, Megan? You're graduating next summer."

NEXT SUMMER?!

Yes, next summer is correct. For the past month I have been under the impression that I'm graduating three months late. When in fact, I'm graduating early. I've decided to go ahead and space out my classes this year (no need to take on such a large load) and go to school for three more semesters. I'll finish up my journalism courses this coming year, and then in the fall of 2011 take my senior internship and finish the last three classes of my minors.

My reporting teacher has informed me that he will start working with me on multi-media training, so I can be well-trained in whatever field of journalism I choose to go in to. He has also told me he will start looking into internships with Lifeway for my last semester of college.

Am I scared? Yes, I'm terrified. I'm not exactly ready to grow up and be an "adult." For goodness sakes, I don't even have a part-time job! But I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm REALLY excited about what the future holds. I'm really excited to see how things fall into place and how God shows me His plan these next three semesters!

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment