My Mom & Dad
My parents have definitely been there for me when I've needed them
(and even when I didn't THINK I needed them). They've definitely
made me to be the person I am today. I have my dad's business
personality, my mom's work ethic (and sense of humor), and
honestly, in this picture, I'm not quite sure WHO I look like.
Stephen
(and even when I didn't THINK I needed them). They've definitely
made me to be the person I am today. I have my dad's business
personality, my mom's work ethic (and sense of humor), and
honestly, in this picture, I'm not quite sure WHO I look like.
Stephen
I'm very thankful that God put Stephen in my life when He did.
He has been there for me through pretty much everything and has been
one of my biggest fans and supporters. I love his heart for the Lord,
for people, and for ministry. I know that one day, Lord-willing, he will
be leading a church, college, or youth ministry that is on fire for God. He is my best
friend and I love him!
He has been there for me through pretty much everything and has been
one of my biggest fans and supporters. I love his heart for the Lord,
for people, and for ministry. I know that one day, Lord-willing, he will
be leading a church, college, or youth ministry that is on fire for God. He is my best
friend and I love him!
My Best Friends Since the EIGHTH Grade
You know, people say that one day we're going to lose touch
and drift apart. And yes, in a way, we have. We don't talk every day
like we once did, we don't spend the night at each other's houses,
or call each other immediately when something huge happens. But Allison,
Christy, Janie, Samantha, Anna, and Sarah have been like SISTERS since we were
13 years old. Our bond is inseparable. We've been with each other through the hardest times of our lives--parents dying, illness, car wrecks, weddings, break-ups, etc. To this day I still count them as the closest friends I've ever had.
My College Pastors & Families (Both Chad AND Dave)
and drift apart. And yes, in a way, we have. We don't talk every day
like we once did, we don't spend the night at each other's houses,
or call each other immediately when something huge happens. But Allison,
Christy, Janie, Samantha, Anna, and Sarah have been like SISTERS since we were
13 years old. Our bond is inseparable. We've been with each other through the hardest times of our lives--parents dying, illness, car wrecks, weddings, break-ups, etc. To this day I still count them as the closest friends I've ever had.
My College Pastors & Families (Both Chad AND Dave)
Chad & Jenn and Dave & Mary Beth have all played a huge role in my life, and in my walk with God. Chad and Jenn have known me since I was a sophomore in high school-unsure of what I wanted to do with my life, trying to see where God was going to take me. Chad has always (and still is) been a mentor to me, and Jenn has always felt like an older sister I can talk to.
I met Dave and Mary Beth at the end of my freshman year of high school. Dave has allowed God to speak through him to preach truth that I've needed to hear on Wednesday nights, and Mary Beth has done the same for Life Groups on Sunday mornings. They have both always been available to talk and to mentor. And little do they know, their relationship is a bright example of a strong, devoted Christian marriage that I look up to and respect.
I met Dave and Mary Beth at the end of my freshman year of high school. Dave has allowed God to speak through him to preach truth that I've needed to hear on Wednesday nights, and Mary Beth has done the same for Life Groups on Sunday mornings. They have both always been available to talk and to mentor. And little do they know, their relationship is a bright example of a strong, devoted Christian marriage that I look up to and respect.
My Roommate, Kourtney.
How did this girl become one of my best friends so quickly!? Kourtney is by far one of the easiest people in the world to talk to. I often find myself staying up til 1 AM each night talking to her without even realizing how late it is (that is, until my alarm clock goes off the next morning). I feel like I can tell her anything. I know God has orchestrated our friendship, and I'm going to MISS HER to death next year when we're no longer living together.
The Hamby Family
I am so glad to have another family in Murfreesboro. It SUCKS (excuse my French...) to live away from home sometimes. Yay for independence and all, but sometimes I really just want my mommy. I'm very grateful to have another family that has taken me in and has FED me, and given me a place to stay when dorm life is driving me crazy. I am truly, truly, truly thankful for them.
And yes, Mrs. Kathi..I promise that since I want to be like Ruth, I'll take care of you when you're old (including the boys)...as long as you promise not to be a bitter old hag like Naomi!
And yes, Mrs. Kathi..I promise that since I want to be like Ruth, I'll take care of you when you're old (including the boys)...as long as you promise not to be a bitter old hag like Naomi!
My churches (Both Sharon & 3BC).
Sharon Baptist will always be my home. Really, it will. I was raised there, I met Jesus there, I was baptized there, and I know EVERYONE there. I want to get married there. Really, in my heart, it is home. I will always be thankful for growing up at Sharon.
I didn't think I would ever find a church home that I loved as much (or more) as Sharon, until I moved to Third Baptist. I've been going there for a year, and I've never felt more at home than I do at Third. My relationships with the people there are real and genuine. People are pouring into my life, and I have the opportunity to pour into other people's lives. I've gotten really involved with the children's ministry (I LOVE my kids!), as well as with the college ministry. I feel at home and at peace with Third, and I am truly, truly happy.
I didn't think I would ever find a church home that I loved as much (or more) as Sharon, until I moved to Third Baptist. I've been going there for a year, and I've never felt more at home than I do at Third. My relationships with the people there are real and genuine. People are pouring into my life, and I have the opportunity to pour into other people's lives. I've gotten really involved with the children's ministry (I LOVE my kids!), as well as with the college ministry. I feel at home and at peace with Third, and I am truly, truly happy.
In general, my family and friends...
I can't go into crazy detail for everyone. But I am so grateful for my friends and family and everything that they do for me. I can't express it enough!
I can't go into crazy detail for everyone. But I am so grateful for my friends and family and everything that they do for me. I can't express it enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment