Doctor. Peacemaker. Reigning winner of Uno & Go Fish. Professional Hugger. Disciplinarian. Friend.
So let me just say, I LOVE my job. In case it ever comes across that I'm tired of it or sick of being with kids, let me just clarify that this is by far the BEST job for me. I've wanted to work for ESP since September of 2009 and I finally am. I know God tests me in how much I trust in Him to provide and He always does.
I was watching Facing the Giants last night while I was laying in bed and this analogy was given in referral to waiting upon the Lord. I'm going to misquote it terribly I'm sure, so just bear with me.
"There were two farmers who were praying and praying to God to bring rain for their fields. However, one farmer went out and prepared his field, expecting rain to come, while the other did nothing. Which of the two farmers received the rain?"
Of course the farmer who prepared his field received the rain. He actually believed and trusted that God heard his prayers and would answer them. Because of the man's faith, God provided.
I often prayed that God would give me a job that allowed me to use my abilities and strengths to honor Him. Whether that be working with kids, doing journalism/editorial work, or even in retail/sales, I just wanted to be glorifying God through my job.
But was God going to give me a job if I just sat on my butt all day, thinking that He was just going to plop one in my lap? No. But when I actually went out, started putting job applications out, seriously looking for opportunities was when God handed me the perfect job. One that I had waiting patiently for. One that I knew God's hand had to be over for me to get.
And so this simple fact is something that I have to remember when I'm about to go crazy at work. God opened the door for me to have this job, and I must honor Him in my day to day activities.
Does this mean my job is always easy? Of course not. "Easy" is not exactly the word I would use to describe being responsible for 15 kids. But is it a complete BLAST? OF COURSE! I wouldn't trade this job for anything right now.
The absolute best part of my day is when I come into work in the mornings and 6 kids run up and hug me, saying how much they missed me since I left the day before. It's the kids who practice playing UNO before I get to work, just so they can beat me (it's a daily challenge...can someone beat Ms. Megan!?). It's the hugs I get because they can tell I'm a little tired, the invitations to baseball games and birthday parties, and when they beg me not to leave when it's time for me to go. These kids seriously bring so much JOY to my life. I know there are definitely days where they drive me crazy and make me want to pull my hair out (yesterday and today were two of those days), but overall, I LOVE these kids.
I am so grateful that people in my life encouraged me to wait upon the Lord because He had an awesome plan for my life and for my job. It was so hard for me to believe that the Lord would hold something as trivial as a job in His hands, but I know He was molding this job perfectly for me and He was molding me to be great for this job through my period of waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment