Monday, July 12, 2010

Grieving.

As I write this, I'm grieving the loss of someone I do not even know. Actually, I'm grieving the lost of several people I do not know. Yesterday, in Kampala, Uganda, 64 people were killed in terrorist bombings at venues where crowds had gathered to watch the World Cup final.

One of the people killed was an American man, Nate Henn, who is a member of the Invisible Children family. As someone who worked with Invisible Children in high school and cares very deeply about the situation in Uganda, this saddens my heart greatly. Invisible Children is a close-knit organization that works to protect children from the LRA in Northern Uganda and bring awareness to Americans about the plight in Africa.

This is not a blog to speak of my heart for Africa, but to simply ask for prayer for this nation and for the families of those killed, including Nate Henn.

No comments:

Post a Comment