Well, another summer has come and gone. I wasn't sure what to expect this summer, since it was the first time I wasn't going to spend 8 weeks at Big Creek or go on mission trips. Truth be told, I wasn't very expectant about anything this summer. I think that's what happens when you don't have high expectations- God surprises you. God has taught me of His sovereignty this summer and the control He holds in my life. I ended last school year distraught over not having a job and worrying about my living situation. I'm starting this upcoming school year with a job I love, living in an amazing apartment.
I've learned to rely on God- I've learned to rely on Him when paychecks aren't as high as they could be, and He blesses me with an opportunity to babysit. I've learned to trust Him when I struggle with friendships- and He provides for me the relationships I need. I've learned to find my strength in Him when my job makes me want to pull my hair out- and He grants me the patience I need to get through another hour of screaming kids. Most of all, really during last semester, I learned to still find peace in Him when I thought I wouldn't graduate on time- and He showed me that HE is the one in control, and I'm graduating a semester early.
When I'm fearful of being burned out this semester, that I'm taking on to many responsibilities, God quietly reminds me that it's for His glory- not for my own personal accolades. My life is not about me. My major is not about me. My occupation is not about me. Serving at church is not about me. Ministry team is not about me. Community group is not about me. Nothing I do means anything if it's not about bringing glory to God. God should receive my ultimate praise and adoration. He's brought me through a long way this summer and has showed Himself to me in a multitude of ways- my life should be glorifying Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment