Monday, August 30, 2010

New Year Goals...in August

Well, it's the end of August and I'm making my new year's resolutions. Oh I know, it's not January, but I think I have every right to set some goals for myself...just five. And if I post them on a blog, then I'm more likely to hold myself accountable- and others can hold me accountable too. So here goes...

1. I will not stress out over a 4.0. I refuse to put myself under the same pressure I did last semester to make straight A's. Sure, I made them, but I sacrificed having a life in the process.

2. I will prioritize my time wisely. I have to learn time management this year. I'm used to going to class and then sitting around all day in the afternoon. Now, I have to go to class and then go straight to work. 18 hours of school + 20 hours of work + homework + church responsibilities= a full time job. I need to learn how to be productive, stay on top of things, and manage my time wisely.

3. I will reach out to people in my class. I will not just talk to the person I know, but I will attempt to make friendships with new people, and to invest in their lives. I will not think to myself, "I only have three semesters left, why do I need to make a new friend?" I must think of every person as a potential best friend and think of everyone as a person who needs to hear the gospel.

4. I will make time for my quiet times in the morning. It will be the first thing I do when I wake up and I will make prayer a constant in my daily routine.

5. I will make time to have lunch with friends, sleepovers, and coffee dates. I will not forget that I'm supposed to have fun. College is not just about making the grade.

That's it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment