Yesterday, I spent $30 and got my nails done. I also aimlessly walked around stores trying on boots and cute dresses.
I don't do things like that. I try to live considerably within my means. But I think that sometimes--only sometimes--it's okay to splurge and do something nice for yourself. Monday was an absolutely horrible day at work, I had a splitting headache, my Bible study was canceled for the night, and I had no homework that was really pressing. Stephen was out with friends and quite frankly, I just wanted some time to myself.
So I left work at 4:30 and I got my nails done. I sat there for an hour while a man (who was rather blunt and told me I had shabby nails and chubby fingers...gee, thanks :/ ) cleaned and buffed my nails and applied the acrylics (my nails are short :/). If anything, I got to watch the news which was glorious. I never get to watch the news anymore- I mean, what serious journalism student doesn't watch the news!?
I don't really feel bad about my $30 splurge either. I think I may get my hair cut Thursday. Quite frankly, it just feels good to take time for myself and do something for myself. My Christmas shopping is [almost] done and school is going to be over in 4 days. I needed a break and a treat for myself.
And "me" time?
It was amazing.
I think I make for some pretty great company.
No comments:
Post a Comment